Grocery/convenience store chains within Toronto

More
3 years 1 month ago #2071 by Jameson Jones
Hey everyone. I can't wait for my adventure up to Toronto and over to CTMP for 2 weeks of racing with my Canadian corner marshal family. I wanted to ask what are some of the good local grocery and convenience store chains in the area to look for where I can pick up some snacks for the track, while camping and traveling around Toronto.

Thanks for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 month ago #2075 by William White
Sobey's, Loblaws, Metro, to name a few, we have Seven/Elevens, Macs etc.

Keep the rubber side down

More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #2076 by Stephen Forbes
Bill's mentioned the better establishments, so I'd suggest searching Google Maps for those names and focus in on the area you'll be staying.

If you've managed to find a place in Toronto the options will depend on where you are, so Google Maps is your friend. The closer you are to downtown the higher priced the places will be, as you navigate away from the city centre you'll start to see the less expensive (but mostly same product) chains such as FreshCo or Food Basics.

If you're commuting to CTMP from Toronto for IMSA I would suggest stopping off at Stevenson Road in Oshawa as there is a huge Walmart on the North side of the highway (401 East), and it's right off the highway. That's probably the closet grocery to the route.

If you're staying at CTMP or nearby in Bowmanville there are a couple of groceries in that town that are just fine.

Any convenience store you will pay a medium to large markup on anything you can find in a grocery, my advice is to avoid them if at all possible.
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Stephen Forbes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: William White

More
3 years 1 month ago #2083 by bobby®
LOL

Bowmanville has a Walmart, Metro (24 hours), Loblaws, Shoppers Drug Mart, Canadian tire all within a block off from Waverly and Hwy.2.

"I only came to see fast cars go by...."
bobby®

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds
Sunday the 9th.