communications at the track corners

More
5 years 2 months ago #1498 by Mike
I was wondering if there have been improved headset situation this year or is it still as bad as it was?

Mike Varty
The following user(s) said Thank You: William White

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #1501 by Stephen Forbes
I doubt we'll here anything about the condition until the first regional weekend in May. Until then, I wouldn't put any bets on anything being all that different.
The following user(s) said Thank You: William White

More
5 years 2 months ago #1505 by Mike Hodge
Nothing will change as long as we continue to "make do" with this sub-standard equipment. It remains as it is because we have somehow continued to use it in its broken state. We have to be more vocal in continuing to point out the communication deficiencies.
For those who are new, it's been like this for ten or more years.
The following user(s) said Thank You: William White, Allyson Handson

More
5 years 2 months ago #1512 by Mike
Is there any way we can raise money ask the track owner, what might our options be?

Mike Varty

More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #1514 by Mike Canner

Varty wrote: Is there any way we can raise money ask the track owner, what might our options be?

Remember that in most places nothing happens if there is not a political will for it to happen. The reverse also being true, they will move mountains if there is a political will for something to happen. The track owner can have a paving crew show up on a weekend to work overnight to repair a problem in turn 5 and that certainly is not inexpensive so I would suspect money is not an issue. I say that with respect not sarcasm! They have done major work around the facility and I would believe that sooner or later the entire radio / spectator broadcast system will be in the plan to update. We all hope it will be sooner rather than later. Please.
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by Mike Canner.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mike

More
5 years 2 months ago #1517 by Mike
what if we mention drivers and track workers safety might be at stake if the system fails. with today's technology wireless with repeaters might be I thought we use that at opg. It works very well,.

Mike Varty

Time to create page: 0.428 seconds
Tuesday the 11th.