communications at the track corners

More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #1518 by Mike Canner

Varty wrote: what if we mention drivers and track workers safety might be at stake if the system fails. with today's technology wireless with repeaters might be I thought we use that at opg. It works very well,.

See the previous post - no will - no way. It is their facility and they will operate as they see fit.
This is not new territory, communication issues have been brought to the attention of the track and they are well aware of the position of MMS about the issues.
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by Mike Canner.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #1519 by Stephen Forbes
All the arguments have been made and repeated time and again. One advantage to landline vs. Wireless is you can interrupt someone (say, in a big emergency) whereas most wireless sets you cannot.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mike

More
5 years 2 months ago #1521 by Mike Hodge

Stephen Forbes wrote: One advantage to landline vs. Wireless is you can interrupt someone (say, in a big emergency) whereas most wireless sets you cannot.

Agree with you Stephen. However, one disadvantage to OUR landline is frequently you can hear NOTHING being transmitted from other stations (say, in a big emergency) so being able to interrupt becomes irrelevant. Just saying, sometimes not being able to interrupt would be the lesser of the evils.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gloria eng

More
5 years 2 months ago #1522 by Mike
just a note wireless systems are interruptible Opg had a wired system and it was the same as the tracks not to reliable. But saying that If they where to rewire the corners I would volunteer to be a gopher if they needed any help stringing wires and the like, I have done a bit of that in my past jobs.

Mike Varty

Time to create page: 0.278 seconds
Tuesday the 11th.