Indy Registration

More
6 years 4 months ago #1204 by Laura Carbis
Is there any idea on how registration will be done this year? I am not asking about registering on the MMS site for the event but the actual registration where we get our passes and such. Thanks,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #1205 by Mike Canner
Replied by Mike Canner on topic Indy Registration
Part of the board meeting this evening should be working out some of the details so the info should start coming out fairly soon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kathy Koczekan

More
6 years 4 months ago #1206 by Laura Carbis
Replied by Laura Carbis on topic Indy Registration
Great. Thanks.

More
6 years 4 months ago #1207 by Mike Hodge
Replied by Mike Hodge on topic Indy Registration
On VDS weekend Barb said she would try to arrange for people to register at her workplace in Vaughan, sometime before the race weekend.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Barbara Dobbs

More
6 years 4 months ago #1210 by Mike Canner
Replied by Mike Canner on topic Indy Registration
Update for those working Indy. I believe I am not talking out of place here but due to the time concerns I thought we should continue to put out some info on the registration for Indy.
As expected with the earlier schedule things are going to come together kind of last minute compared to what we all would like. The board is still waiting for exact release date of the passes and specifics on parking and such. The plan has a few variables but in general what was talked about was a using more than one location to register and get your information. The central position, and if all else fails, is the Thursday night at Scotland Yard as has been done in past years. Knowing that is inconvenient for some the additional concept is to have satellite stations around the perimeter of TO. One in Mississauga, one more north in Vaughan / Richmond Hill and one more easterly say Oshawa area. The exact location and times are still up in the air. We can't have members randomly dropping by peoples work places and such but we should be able to put together a location and time that makes it easier for many to get registered.

FYI one sticking point is the number of passes at each location, there are a fixed number of passes available and making sure there are enough at each location is one of the challenges. You might have to confirm your intended remote sign up location in advance to ensure everybody gets handled.

Hopefully this gives you some insight into the "plans" and when the specifics are clearer there will be further info.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mike Hodge

More
6 years 4 months ago #1211 by Barbara Dobbs
Replied by Barbara Dobbs on topic Indy Registration
There will be registration tomorrow night at the BARC meeting, I will email that address as well as post it on here tonight.
Yes we are also looking at alternatives but we would need to know who and where, that will come out most likely on Thursday.
Please remember both BARC and ourselves have to wait for the promoter to release the hard cards to us and this was delayed this year, I do not know why but we will work with what we can the best we can. We hope to help out as many workers as we can by offering alternatives.

More to come shortly!

Time to create page: 0.249 seconds
Thursday the 21st.