Canadian Automotive Expo - BEMC Indian Summer

More
4 years 1 week ago - 4 years 1 week ago #1823 by Stephen Forbes
Hi Everyone!

Some of you may recall me talking about a car show I was workin to host at CTMP this year. Well, it's really happening, and it's happening big. This coming weekend on both Saturday and Sunday in the infield of corners 7-8-9 my friends and I will be hosting a sizable judged show and shine event covering classics, tuners, lifted trucks and custom trucks.

For me personally, this is an effort to get more people out on a regional weekend and see the park, the racing and the volunteer opportunities while also partaking in the aftermarket car culture I've been a part of the last couple of years. I just saw an opportunity and chased it, here I am now.

You can probably expect the park to be much busier than normal for a regional weekend in terms of spectators and vehicles so I wanted to get the word out. Sorry if it's a bit late :/

Details of the event are the following:
- 50/50 draw for the Humane Society of Durham Region
- A HUGE raffle draw with thousands of dollars in merch including Raptors tickets, passes to the Toronto Zoo, fancy hair products, mega car detailing kits worth 400+$ and so on and so forth. All proceeds for the HSDR.
- 300+ Trophies over two days
- Classics on Saturday
- Tuners and Custom Trucks Saturday Sunday
- Lifted Trucks and 4x4 on Sunday
- All kinds of different vehicles, tastes, mods. Some wild and silly, others clean and factory. There are going to be some really exceptionally pretty vehicles, believe me.
- A host of vendors automotive and non
- ZCON is coming back to CTMP for this event and is trying to bring 3 of EVERY generation of Z Car

I'd like to extent my warmest invitations to your guests, friends and family to please enjoy the show and when you can take a chance yourself to check out some vehicles or if there's time, our raffle tables.

Good and bad, afterwards I would greatly appreciate constructive feedback on what went well and maybe didn't go so well from the marshal and volunteer perspective.

If during the weekend any concerns arise among the volunteers that are time sensitive please feel free to drop by. I'll be near the T-intersection in the infield of C7 most of the weekend with a microphone in hand as well as camping close by. Should there be any issues please come and find me in particular, as I am the only person in the organizing group of the show with any knowledge of how to stay out of your way, and the last thing I want is to disrupt any regular operations.

Facebook Event (latest updates): www.facebook.com/events/824382164355628/

Sorry for the long post!

If you have any questions please shoot me a message on Facebook www.facebook.com/cookiemannster
(haha yes I know very funny)
Last edit: 4 years 1 week ago by Stephen Forbes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mike Hodge, brandon maher, William White

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds
Tuesday the 22nd.