Kiss and Cry Movie

More
3 years 7 months ago #1934 by Ross Allison
My daughter and I are hosting a screening of the movie "KISS AND CRY".
Saturday March 4th at 1PM in the auditorium of the Bowmanville High School. The high school is located north of Hwy2.
Tickets are $15 each, with the profits going to the "Carley's Angels Foundation".

Some background. Carley was my cousin's daughter and in Feb. of 2013 was diagnosed with a very rare form of cancer. She was only the 2nd person in the entire world to ever be diagnosed with this kind of cancer in this location. She was a fighter and never let cancer deter her ambitions and life goals. She was an accomplished figure skater and was to compete to qualify for the Canadian Olympic Team when she was diagnosed. She never gave up always having a positive attitude. She passed away 2 years later in March of 2015.

They have made this movie about her. It is unique in that it was filled on the actual locations as much as possible. At the Princess Margaret Hospital, the Toronto Figure Skating Club and at her home. The girl that plays Carley in the movie (Sarah Fisher of Degrassi fame) was Carley's real life best friend.

I am sure that some of you might have seen some of the interviews with cast and crew over the last month or so. CTV, Global, City TV, E-talk and the like all did segments lately.

If you get the chance check it out. Tickets can be purchased on line at teamcarley.ca or at the door.

Thanks to all for taking the time ot read and possibly consider attending. There are other screenings as well and info can be found at the team carley website.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mike Hodge, bobby®, brandon maher, Karl Ward

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds
Tuesday the 22nd.