Mazda Lites Zebra Car (Zebra) IMSA Weekend

More
4 years 4 weeks ago #1732 by Robert
Not sure if anyone caught this I was in turn 9 on Friday and turn 2a on Saturday, a Mazda lites car had a somewhat of a tether on its back tow ring, some of us thought of it being strange, I was unable to find the car on the Mazda site, but was able to see it after the IMSA race on Sunday it was actually a toy stuffed Zebra tail, and as well I told my captain there was something strange on the back ring behind the drivers head we agreed it was a large go pro, it was as well a stuffed toy Zebra attached to the go pro LOL Had a great time, Maybe as Marshalls We need to view the cars before the race!! Thanks again for my Captains and team members!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 weeks ago - 4 years 4 weeks ago #1733 by bobby®
Cool observation, most teams have a sense of humor.

In the old days, back when days were not too packed and "end" times were after the cows came home....

We had some time to mozy around the paddock. Talk to mechanics, the odd driver, maybe an engineer or 2, to get more information on the cars and teams.

In F1 the best time to wonder around the pits is after everyone has left for the day, when the teams open up their area and work.

Sometimes things just pop in place, like Saturday the BF Goodrich folks were behind us in 10, telling us lots of tidbits about the 3 female drivers in the MX5 series, a 17 year old and 2 in their 20's. How much it costs for the turn key MX5 ($53k US), what things are locked (engine, transmission), things the teams can modify (suspension settings, tire pressure, camber) and other fun stuff. They also said that the teams had a surprise inspection and no one had any infractions. Keep the series truly spec.

Also in the past, the F/C types used to hang around the chalet and discuss how their day went, ask questions, compare notes, have longer conversations that hi, hello, later...... :side:

Now we live in the social media world, we only do int online. :blink:

"I only came to see fast cars go by...."
bobby®
Last edit: 4 years 4 weeks ago by bobby®.
The following user(s) said Thank You: William White

More
4 years 4 weeks ago #1734 by Brian Hoysa

Cool observation, most teams have a sense of humor.

In the old days, back when days were not too packed and "end" times were after the cows came home....

Also in the past, the F/C types used to hang around the chalet and discuss how their day went, ask questions, compare notes, have longer conversations that hi, hello, later...... :side:

Now we just want to get home, have some food, shower and put up our feet again before catching some quick zzz's before an early morning meetings...

More
4 years 4 weeks ago #1735 by bobby®
It first started with the beer being cutoff at the end of days.

Then the days got longer....... for the big events anyway.

"I only came to see fast cars go by...."
bobby®

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #1741 by Dean Bonney
the days of interaction with drivers, crews and fellows workers have long gone. the days are longer than the past. CTMP is now meeting the demand of the spectators giving them a full day of racing. if we as a club can now issue log book events for working information booths maybe we can look at half days for members. our job as CORNER WORKERS is slowly been taken away. we no longer sweep or clean the track, provide first aid, assist in removing drivers. we are not even or aloud to go beyond the guardrail. maybe its time to look at ourselves and revaluate and bring back the socialization we once enjoyed. COMMEMTS

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #1742 by Mike
Sounds like a good idea getting to know my fellow marshalls a little better would be cool. Also you do get your log book signed for volunteering at the recruiting booth at least everyone working it on Saturday. Of the Mobil 1 did. I enjoyed that since it gave me time to walk around the paddock and see the cars. And being one of the newer members. I did like to give my perspective of the corner worker.

Mike Varty

Time to create page: 0.198 seconds
Sunday the 9th.