Honda Indy Toronto 2019

More
2 months 1 week ago #2438 by Scott Muir
Replied by Scott Muir on topic Honda Indy Toronto 2019
BREAKING NEWS!!!!!

I am extremely happy to pass this information along

A BIG THANK YOU to the promoters of the Honda Indy Toronto
They are providing every station with shade "Pop Ups"

So when you see them this weekend, say Thank You!

If you still want to bring your own, you are more than welcome to.

Stay Tuned

Scott Muir

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 4 days ago #2439 by William White
I enjoyed myself this weekend. Met some marshalls I've never worked with. At the morning meetings each day, there was lots of coffee, water, muffins, etc. from Timmies. We were taken out in Honda mini-vans provided by Honda. All corners were provided pop-ups from another sponsor. There was lots of Disani water and ice, that was brought as we needed it, so we always had cold water. Lunches were good, as was dinner at the end of Sat. From other marshalls I talked to, the washrooms weren't far away at any corner.

The only bad things, were things the Org. had no control over. Going in the morning, the traffic was light, so it took me only an hour to get there from Hampton. Getting home usually took 1/2 to 2 hours because of traffic. Sat. was longer than anticipated due to the thunder storm that came in the middle of the "truck race". We were sent to, or picked up, to safe shelter, well before the storm hit the area. We weren't allowed to return until 30 min. after the last lightning flash.

All in all, the racing was decent, we could have used some more cars in some of the the race sessions, but that's an issue with other weekends as well. There seemed to be a good crowd especially Sun. Other then the thunderstorm on Sat., the weather was great.

So there may have been problems in the past, but these seemed to have been addressed this weekend. The person in charge (from BARC) of looking after us, was very hands on, we saw him at least twice over the weekend at corners 1 & 12 and at every morning meeting. He seemed quite willing to solve any issues we had. The people who delivered us to the corners, were helpful in loading and unloading the vans, were also polite and patient. Also were quite prompt, picking us up at the end of the day.

Joanne and Jim and the rest of the race org. were very happy with the job we did.

Thanks Scotty and your staff, for looking after us.

Would I go back to Indy Toronto, yes. I would consider getting accommodations next year to eliminate some of the driving issues.

Keep the rubber side down

More
2 months 1 day ago #2440 by bobby®
Replied by bobby® on topic Honda Indy Toronto 2019
Thanks to everyone from the organizers, BARC, to all of the MMS members who took the time to help out their own club in running this race, Scott, Peter C, Sharon, Peter Z, and everyone I missed.

Long days and hot days for sure, but so was IMSA and that was lots of fun as well.

"Bring your own FUN" to ensure that you have a good time at these events.

"I only came to see fast cars go by...."
bobby®

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #2441 by Ann Fletcher
Completely agree. A great weekend overall.
The following user(s) said Thank You: William White

Time to create page: 0.276 seconds
Thursday the 19th.